Sunday, June 16, 2013

HAPPY FATHERS DAY

Happy Fathers day to all father and father figures. 
Today of course I think of my own dad. He was my buddy, friend, confidant, hero and most wonderful man I knew. As a child I sent most of my free time with him in the garden, fishing, planting,laughing and giving my mom a bad time. It was our things. I missed him when he passed. At some times he would come to me in my dreams and I would tell him my worries and he would always say it will be alright. Tell me I am crazy but it was a comfort to me. 

As a Christian, Catholic I say the prayer Jesus taught. Our Father who are in heaven. Growing up I saw God my heavenly Father the same as my earthly father, loving, kind, could tell him anything, forgiving, and saying it will be alright. 

Today we take special time to honor, respect and enjoy our father on earth and in heaven. I thank my father for being a big part of my faith foundation. 

I pray for all fathers today and father figures as they too are part of the faith formation of those who depend on them as their father.

To all fathers THANK YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment