Thursday, June 7, 2012

CHERISHING WHAT WE HAVE

Recently I read a article by Constance C.R. White who is the editor-in-chief of Essence July 2012 issue.

She talked about how we often want to be and have what we don't have.

 Last week I talked to a nurse with really, I mean  really curly hair. she liked it but said once someone told her to straighten it and she didn't know who she was after that. So she never did that again.

Once when a teen I got a permanent again I didn't feel I was myself so I didn't do that again.

Constance talked about the white woman who sun tanned and looked awful and was accused of subjecting her 5 year old child to the tanning.

 Constance goes on to say "when we do that, we rob ourselves of the joy and satisfaction that comes with appreciating our blessings. At worst, we inflict deep wounds on our psyches, because the only way to be truly happy is to accept and value what we have. This month let us commit to cherishing exactly who we are"

If you would like to learn more about Constance you can follow her on twitter@cwhitesessence

No comments:

Post a Comment