Thursday, April 5, 2012

Servant leadership

What is you favorite photo or part of Holy Thursday?

I like the washing of the feet where Jesus teaches us servant leadership. ?

Would I wash the feet of just anyone? Someone homeless, or with AIDS , or dying of cancer or in death row?
I believe Jesus would and did reach out to all of these people in fact anyone in need who asked he was there for them.

We do not know really how many disciples there were. We traditionally see 12 at the last supper. You and I  know not just 12 people followed him. There are no women in the picture but I believe they too were there.

I also treasure Jesus left us with a way to continue to be connected with him. "Do this in remembrance of me"
Eucharist

May you have a few moments to reflect on what Holy Thursday means for you.

It also is the day of the Seder meal for the Jewish people. Jesus was a Jew and that is the reason for the gathering and the meal. Yet it became more than that remembrance for Him and His followers of the New Way.

No comments:

Post a Comment