Wednesday, May 9, 2012

More prunning

Ouch!! This must be an important spiritual growth process. The readings today were again on importance of pruning for good fruit.
I ask myself what are the ways we experience pruning that will lead us to grow and have good fruit.
  • feedback from friend on how we come across in our relationship with them
  • children's comments on what we say but don't do.
  • friend needing something and we don't want to give up our time and space.
  • evaluations at work, how we act at recreation activities, how we participate in household duties.
  • what we read and it strikes a core at us.
  • those we don't like who really have the habits we have and not sure we want to admit it.
  • I am sure you can think of many more from your own experience.
My prayer for me and you is Oh God you know I don't like pain and to hurt. Give me the grace to be able to accept and grow for the many opportunities to be pruned. Let me not shrink from them.
AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment