Thursday, March 28, 2013

Do as I have done for you

Just returned for Holy Thursday liturgy. Tonight we as a gathered people of God washed each others hands. we went up to the altar, as we do to communion,each of us washed the hands of another person, who was in line behind us.

A great sense of community. We were the old, the arthritic(yes I was there) the men, women, children, teens, educated maybe, working maybe, homeless or unemployed, maybe but it didn't matter. We all were the people of God. Do this as I have done to you may it be a sign to others.

A moving moment for me. I pray I remember it during the week in my ministry, my friendships, the gathering with my Sisters, my co-workers.

 May I not forget to reach out and touch their hands as they serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment