Sunday, July 15, 2012

Been through it before

Listened to an interesting reflection today on change. Change is the norm and we all have been though it before. In some cases it isn't easy and others a breeze but in either case we all have made it and learned something from it. 


Sometimes it helps to think of positive change we made it through. For me becoming a RN, graduating from Marquette when I was on probation in school during most of my earlier studies. Graduation with a MS degree. Having the grace to follow God's call as a religious to be able to witness God's love for me so others can see God's love for them. 


The most recent changes of getting older is really interesting. Learning to accept the things I would like to do but best not, like ride a motorcycle, bungee jump, hike the Appalachian trail  and so many more. Lucky we have dreams. Then again age does provide some wisdom which one can freely share with another. 


Recently lot of changes at my ministry. New directors to get to know and see how they do things. I did get comfortable with the ones who left. Isn't that the way it always goes.


In the painful changes I have experienced when it was all over and done there remained some positive growth for me. It is at them time I didn't always think that would happen. I learned hang in there as it will change again. Sometimes that is consoling and sometimes well not so.


Tomorrow brings a new day to experience in a new way. May you enjoy the changes in your life. Don't forget to take the time to enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment