Thursday, July 5, 2012

The poor you will always have with you

Helpless feelings day today. 
Met one employee yesterday who asked for the Sisters to pray for her she said "I have cancer of the breast" and walked out of my office. It was like I have a mosquito bite. Saw her today and asked how she is she said I am truly in my head but now they think it might be in both breasts. I did offer to be there for her. Wished I could do more. I realize grieving is a process and not an event.
Another employee came today and asked for some help, she is evicted has two very little children, she is working s few hours when she can which is not often, applying for disability, no gas money and no way to move and no place to move to. I tried to give her what little assistance we could give by some gas money to get to some places that might help her. 
It's in times like these one feels so helpless, at least I do. It is hard to be thankful with what I have when others are hurting and have little. 
Say a prayer something good happens for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment