Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Spirituality of change

There is a lot of change going on in my work life right now.  We have several new Directors at who started this past week. Seeing the Saint Clare's Ministry through new eyes is very interesting. Two have commented on how friendly everyone is. 

Some Directors are leaving for new opportunities. I told one I am grieving and in another day in denial. I have become accustom to how I have worked with them and the new are not known yet. 

I am glad to hear new Directors are experiencing friendly welcome atmosphere. Because as you know I don't believe the values should be on the wall in a mission statement but lived in the lives of everyone in the organization. 

Jesus calls us into a life in his kingdom where change is not optional. 
He requires a lifestyle of change. Jesus told his followers, “I tell you the
truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the Kingdom or Heaven." I pray we can take a minute to reflect on how a little child sees things trusting each day that loved ones will be there for them.

That all sounds very doable. Which of us does not like a little child's way of seeing the world. But most of us are not that little child anymore. Some have lost their ability to trust that all will work out.  For these change is more difficult. 

Have you tried to change your diet? Get out on the other side of the bed? Feed yourself with other hand? I had to make a lot of changes in how I did everyday life when I had surgery on my right hand, believe me it wasn't easy. 

Joyce Rupp a spiritual writer says unless you say goodbye you cant say hello. 

So good bye to the old and hello to the new whatever it might be. In the meantime I pray for the grace to say thank you to what was and welcome, come in to what might be.

How are you with change?

No comments:

Post a Comment