Saturday, October 1, 2011

Today is the feast of St. Therese known as the little flower.
She died at a young age of T.B.
I am sure you can imagine living with all women in a convent where they do not go out in the public can be very interesting, yet she was cheerful and saw her frustrations, trials and rejection by some as an opportunity to be in solidarity with those who are marginalized, rejected and misunderstood. She daily prayed for missionaries, those sent to help the poor and marginalized. She wanted to be a missionary but God called to a life of prayer. She full filled her desire by praying for missionaries. Who do you pray for?
I was thinking how do I cope with the little irritations and frustrations of daily life. Am I aware of the other? I really don't know the intentions of others so, do I  at first think the best of them, not always!
Today let us say a prayer asking God for whatever grace we need to be patient, kind, cheerful and accepting of each days trials the best we can. Praying for those in need where you may experience them.

No comments:

Post a Comment