Wednesday, November 2, 2011

How is your week going and its only Wed!!

What a week so far, was it really more busy than usual or does it just seem that way?

Monday Halloween I am grateful we had the trick or treat kids on Sunday in the day light. I am saddened that parents have to check the candy to be sure nothing was put in to harm their child. Gone are the good ole days when we just went out and were free and happy.

Tuesday All Saints. I was thinking I couldn't think of a saint that had life completely without suffering in their day. Many were ignore, shunned, labeled crazy and considered marginalized.

In the history of our community at the end of our foundress life, the women entering the community did not know she was the foundress. She was living in community with them and they did not know who she was. She was forbidden to let anyone know she was the foundress. Joan of Arc burned at the stake, Edith Stein, carmelite Sister killed in gas chambers during WWII, Oscar Romero shot while saying Mass, and there are more. As a young nun I prayed to become a saint so far I haven't reconsidered.

Today we prayed for those who have died. We pray that they will enjoy the face of God. We don't know how or when this happens but we do know we are in communion as we pray for them. 

In my experience praying for others whether living or gone before me helps me. It is really hard to pray for someone and not feel some connection to them. A good lesson for those we sometimes are upset with, or those feel at a distance from, or maybe those we even distance ourselves from. 

Who knows what tomorrow brings but I know God gives me the graces I need for each day and tomorrow isn't here yet!  

No comments:

Post a Comment