Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Come and see

Today is the feast of Saint Andrew.
Although little is mentioned in the Book of Acts regarding the life of St. Andrew, much can be learned through St. Andrew's life. He and Saint Peter gave up their lifelong careers and lifestyles, leaving everything behind, to follow Jesus. Their undying faith in a difficult world is an inspiration to all.

In scripture it gives  the story of Jesus meeting Andrew and his brother Peter and Jesus said come follow me. In another Gospel it gives Andrew as a disciple of John. John's disciples ask his who Jesus is and he say he is the One who is to come. Andrew they goes to Jesus and say where do you live? Jesus says come and see.


As we approach Christmas which is the celebration of Jesus birth not celebration of gifts for me. What do I need to do to more closely follow Jesus and bring others to know him? Could I invite someone to come and see, to know more about Jesus?


I believe that each of us do honor and participate in the various celebrations of our own religious tradition.


How can I make Christmas more meaningful in my life?
For it is in giving we receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment