Sunday, November 6, 2011

Reading spiritually revisited

In September I commented on the practice of spiritual reading and reading spiritually. Today, I had some relax time to read the paper. I did so wondering what is there in the paper that can nourish me spiritually today and for the week.

Here a some things that came to my attention as I read the paper today:

USA weekend: Embrace the opportunities: " I have found each decade, each age, has opportunities that weren't actually there in previous time. They've been a joy at each stage of my life" Last week I had many opportunities to experience the presence of God. I am looking forward to this week.

wausau daily herald Volunteer finds satisfaction helping others.  She learned it at home from her mother helping those who stopped by that were hungry. she now volunteers at church food pantry. she said "there is satisfaction in helping someone, doing something good for someone besides yourself. And that's what it's all about if you a Christian" there are many volunteer opportunities available to help others and for me to get out of my comfort zone. Try it you'll like it.

Take it slow: family focuses on fewer outside activities
"Families who spend time together while their children are young tend to have stronger family bond for decades." " A national slow family movement has sprung up to counter the hectic modern hectic lifestyle.
Surprisingly that applies to those of us in religious life as well. It is important for the two of us to have our evening meal together and share how the day went, an opportunity to reflect on where was God in all of it.

Packers benefit from Well's brains brawn: "Scott Wells packers center his relative anonymity is a sign of excellence.""He doesn't get the recognition he deserves, but he is a great player and we all know that". Wells prefers to defer credit to his teammates. Here a person who we can say understands servant mentality not keeping the credit all for himself.

Reading the paper can just be something I do or it can be an opportunity to read spiritually and obtain some food for the soul for the week ahead.

Have a super week, full of surprises, enjoy the stage of life you are in and I pray you will find new opportunities to be of service to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment