Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Last day of January

It is hard to believe it is the last day of January. It really doesn't feel like that her in central Wisconsin. Someone said it will be in 50's today. I hope it wont cause problems for mother earth and the farmers in the spring.

It has been a month since Jan 1. I hope your new years resolutions were reaching out to others. It is much more energizing than the don't list sometimes we make for new years resolutions.

In today's scripture reading Jesus reached out to those who didn't count, a child, elderly lady with hemorrhage issue, child of synagogue official. All received healing because of their faith.

I pray I have faith enough today to reach out to those who are forgotten in my world today.

Yesterday I spent quite a bit of time with a elderly lady in the hospital whose almost passed out shopping. Her children don't know she is in the hospital because " they discontinued their phones and have cell phones and I don't have their numbers." A kind lady shopping saw to it that she got to the hospital. How many times when we go shopping we don't even see the other people that are also shopping?

I still prefer to do one positive act each day than dwelling on the don't do this and don't do that. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment