Monday, January 2, 2012

What are you called to Be?

I was excited today at morning praise when I read from Isaiah 61:1-3. " the Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me, He has sent me to bring good news to the afflicted, to bind up the broken hearted, to proclaim liberty to captives, release to the prisoners, to announce a year of favor from the Lord... to comfort those who morn"

For years this has been my personal call from God and it has not changed over the years. It sounds like a doing thing but it is more a Being thing. It encompasses the values of Justice, service to the poor and letting go. Interestingly enough one has to experience these values to share them.

Many of you are mothers, how are you responding to being the best mother you can be? Gentle and  understanding like Mary the model of mothers. Do you have a description of a model mother in your mind?

Some of you are in leadership positions. All those mentioned by Isaiah are in your circle.

This past month I spoke to many employees who were brokenhearted because they had little to share for Christmas. They forgot sharing of themselves is the most important gift to those they love. Do you have the value of justice in your workplace. As the leader are you looking at your guidelines, policies and way of doing things and asking yourself are they just to those they affect.

I pray for you to day that you may take time to look at your role in life and what you are called to Be and have the courage to follow your call.

No comments:

Post a Comment