Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Grief, Pain, Mother's sorrow

I am on vacation but I went to a funeral today. One of my volunteers daughter died unexpectedly at age 51, following a motorcycle accident. She was just a few days from being discharged from rehab to her mother and dad's home. I just felt I needed to go to be of some visible support to the parents. Unfortunately this is the 2nd adult child they lost unexpectedly. All I could think to say is you and your family are in my prayers.

Parents don't plan that their children preceed them to God's home. Many memories at the service.That is okay but dont wait any longer than now to tell someone you love them and appreciate them, forgive them if you are upset with them let it go. Suprisingly when we are upset with someone they often dont even know it.

I was encouraged to see so many there from our parish and the 3rd order franciscans. The service was in a church other than the parents Catholic parish. I could see they appreciated every person who came and talked with them.

It really takes so little to extend ones self and the benefit is huge and longlasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment