Friday, September 9, 2011

Power of Prayer

Yesterday when making rounds in the hospital Family birth Center, I went into the nursery of course. There one of the nurses asked me if I would give a blessing or prayer on the two babies in the incubators. Of course, I said it would be a privilege. So I laid my hand on each of them and told them that God loved them and had them in God's protecting hands. I thought of the psalm like a mother holds her child so I hold you, and prayed also for the staff awareness of God's protecting hand and healing. It was a very privileged moment for me. Life is so vulnerable. As I was leaving a young girl about 8 was outside and when I said hi she said I would like to see my little brother. So I had the staff open the window curtains so she could see him and told her could go in the nursery and visit as soon as her daddy came to go with her. She smile and I could see the love there.

Later I met with a wife in tears, fearful her 84 year old husband will not return home with her. He is indeed very sick after I listened and she felt assured we prayed he will return home soon and she will have the strength to continue to help him with his care.

It is great to be in a facility where one can pray openly no matter what ones official role or job and where the staff feel free to ask for prayers and participate in praying as well.

I ask you to please keep these persons in your prayers tomorrow.

I am looking forward to next week which is Mission and Values week at Ministry-Saint Clare's. the theme this year is Presence. On Thursday the CEO,Vice Presidents and myself will be going around and anointing the staffs hands with oil thanking them for their Presence and blessing them as they extend their presence to the others they serve and work with. Pray for them as well that they can continue to be Present to all with whom they come in contact.

No comments:

Post a Comment