Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What you do and say that counts

Today Jesus is again confronted with his disciples eating grain along the road. So many rules in Jesus time and he came to show compassion to those in need.

Jesus says it isn't what you eat or the rules you adhere to it is what you say and how you treat people. Appropriate question for our day.

I ask myself do we get upset because a pet visited the patient who is longing for there beloved companion or do we understand some of our best loved friends are four footed.

 Last year a patient told me he would feel much better if he could have an old fashioned. I asked the doctor can he have this cocktail he said sure. So one of the managers in dietary went out and got one for me to give to him. I will never forget her compassion. She could have said no we don't have that which would have been true.

Look for opportunities in your day to be kind compassionate and caring instead of guiding your reaction by rules that are not relevant to the situation.

If you don't know which to choose ask yourself what you Jesus do in this situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment