Sunday, February 12, 2012

Will I touch reach out?

In today's Scripture we witness Jesus touching the leper and healing him. Touching a leper is a no no. Besides this wasn't necessary. He told some others to go home and because of their faith the healing happened. He was teaching us a lesson about reaching out to those in need those who were outcasts of society. I am sure we know we would not willingly touch a leper.

Who are the lepers in your life? How do we treat those we don't want anything to do with? Those who talk about things I find hard to deal with, those who live different than I would.

When I first found out I had cancer and would talk about it. Some of the people I know would say " I am sorry about you sickness. I am praying for you and your sickness"Few would use the word cancer.It was like saying the word cancer they might catch it. One asked me "why do you talk about having cancer?" I said because I have it and if I don't talk about it I cant accept it. I felt like a leper one who could not talk about their disease. Just deal with it and don't bring it out in the open.

Praise God I am now cancer free, it was a learning for me of how some things are so difficult for others when they don't want people to talk about it. It is like a two year old with hands over their eyes. If I don't see you, you are not there.

I don't know about you but there are some people I would rather not be too close to. Some who it is hard to reach out to. Some I pray I wont have to deal with. Are these like the lepers in my life? Yes, in some cases I wish they would just go away and not keep showing up.

I am convinced that is why God invited me to the present ministry of advocacy so I have a chance to advocate for all not just the ones easy to advocate for.

Maybe I will go back to primary school days and buy some valentines and give them to all I meet and mean it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment