Friday, December 16, 2011

What does God want you to do?

Today scripture reading:"The works the Father gave me to accomplish these works that I perform testify on my behalf that the Father has sent me."John 5:36

I believe we all have a purpose on this great earth of ours. Have your thought about your purpose is?
Parents are responsible for the values they teach their children. All of us have some responsibility for our action and the effect it has on others.

Advent time is a time of waiting and preparation for the One to who is to come. The prophets are speaking of justice, care for the poor, women and children who were not honored in ancient times? I often wonder if they are honored in our time.

I pray during this advent we are more aware of women and children. Keep our eyes open to the many opportunities for works of justice.

Everyone deserves good health, food and safe place to stay. Maybe the least we do is take food to the local pantry, clothes to a place giving to others, coats for kids and whatever opportunity you see as you go about your shopping for gifts for your loved ones.

I pray our generosity and caring will be a witness to Peace and love in our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment